UCSU have designed this enhancement programme for volunteers to help you make the most of your volunteering experience, irrespective of the role that you have decided to take up. Volunteering roles provide valuable experiences and skills and this structured programme intends to support you to develop those skills as you complete modules, attend training sessions and complete an evidence portfolio to use whilst job-hunting.
The benefits for you will include:
• Develop your skills as an effective leader/ volunteer
• Get initial or additional evidence which can be employed in conjunction with the Career Ahead scheme
• Improve personal accountability and motivation
• Have evidence through a reflective journal of individual development
• Receive tailored support from trained staff
• Fully understand your role and how to develop it
• Showcase your ability to reflect on and learn from your experiences
• Increase your employability
After you’ve completed the programme, you should have a greater understanding of your newly developed skills set, an image of yourself as a leader and be better placed to consider future leadership roles – for example, one of our elected Full-time Officer positions.
This is a pilot scheme, so places are limited to 60 participants across campuses, selected at random. Sadly, we don't currently have the resources to run this pilot at our London campus but we hope to bring it to all campuses in the future.
Interested? You need to apply online by Wednesday 18th October here.
Got any questions? Email Donna on firstname.lastname@example.org