Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Finance, housing and wellbeing

Our speciality is advising and supporting with academic issues. Though we’ll always do our best to help you, sometimes the best people to talk to are the various support teams across the university.   

Money Advice

If you have questions about fees, student finance, or you’re thinking about making a change to your course that might impact your financial situation (for example taking a break from your studies, retaking a module or withdrawing from the course), you can contact the Money Advice team.  

Read more on their webpages 


If you have a question about accommodation managed by the university (mainly halls of residence), you can contact the relevant accommodation team (see contact information here).  

If your query is about accommodation while on placement, your best contact will be your placement unit team.  

For queries about private accommodation, we would recommend you contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau: 


The most important thing to us is that you’re a happy, well student who feels safe on campus. The university offers a few different services if you need to talk to a trained mental health professional and you can read more on their webpages.  

We’d always encourage you to talk to a medical professional if you feel you need help with your physical or mental health – please contact your GP. If you’re in immediate danger, please dial 999.  

Remember, we’re here to support you, so feel free to book an appointment if you’re not sure who to ask!